Brother Strut - First Strut Is The Deepest mp3 album
We normally play roulette, but this time I decided to try my luck at Black Jack. In short, I just kept winning loads of hands – not only this but also hitting perfect pairs with odds of 30-1. We normally play roulette, but this time I decided to try my luck at Black Jack. In short, I just kept winning loads of hands – not only this but also hitting ‘perfect pairs’, with odds of 30-1. Jones proceeded to recruit Steve Pearce (bass), Frankie Tontoh (drums), Otha Smith (electric guitar), Melvin Duffy (electric guitar/pedal steel) and Andrew Murray (piano) for the record which is entitled ‘First Strut Is The Deepest'. Steve won the money whilst playing Black Jack at the Genting Club casino.
Cissy Strut" is a 1969 funk instrumental by The Meters. Released as a single from their eponymous debut album, it reached No. 4 on the R&B chart and No. 23 on the Billboard Hot 100. The Meters recorded a follow-up, "Sophisticated Cissy", which was included on the same album. The song was also featured in the 1997 film Jackie Brown. Club called the song a "classic" deeply rooted in New Orleans music tradition.
Fresh, funky and fabulous, First Strut Is The Deepest is simply brilliant. After sell-out gigs in London, Reading and Chichester earlier this year, funk-soul group Brother Strut head to London next month for a special gig at the O2 Brooklyn Bowl. For those that don’t know, Brother Strut are a fabulous funk-soul band formed in 2012 by producer and saxophone player Stevie Jones. Released on November 18th 2013, Brother Strut’s debut album First Strut Is The Deepest features 11 tracks inspired by funk, blues and American soul music of the 1960’s and ’70’s. The album was co-written with BBC award-winning songwriter Megan Henwood and features five emerging talents on vocals.
The First Cut Is the Deepest" is a 1967 song written by Cat Stevens, originally released by P. P. Arnold in May 1967. Stevens' own version originally appeared on his album New Masters in December 1967. The song has been widely recorded and has become a hit single for five different artists: P. Arnold (1967), Keith Hampshire (1973), Rod Stewart (1977), Dawn Penn (1994), Papa Dee (1995) and Sheryl Crow (2003).
Album Name First Cut Is the Deepest. Data de lançamento 2013. Labels Self-Released. Estilo de MúsicaProgressive Metal. Membros têm este álbum0. 1. Different Feelings. 3. 747. 4. Attachment.
|1||Bags Of Funk||3:27|
|2||Let The Truth Spill Out||3:55|
|5||Vinyl Is My Bible||3:33|
|7||Somebody That I Used To Know||3:31|
|9||Not Your Fool||2:41|
- Distributed By – Right Track
- Licensed From – Brother Strut Ltd
- Copyright (c) – Brother Strut Ltd
- Recorded At – Metropolis Studios
- Recorded At – Platform Studio
- Recorded At – Friday Street Studio
- Recorded At – Mike Moran Studios
- Recorded At – Henwood Studios
- Distributed By – Universal Music Operations
- Backing Vocals – Megan Henwood (tracks: 9)
- Bass – Steve Pearce (tracks: except 11)
- Design, Artwork – Matt Robinson
- Drums – Frank Tontoh (tracks: except 11)
- Engineer [Drum Tracking] – Damon Sawyer
- Engineer [Mixing] – Adam Vanryne
- Guitar – Melvin Duffy (tracks: 1-3-6-9-10), Otha Smith (tracks: 1-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10)
- Mixed By – Adam Vanryne (tracks: 3), Stevie Jones
- Organ – Stevie Jones (tracks: 9)
- Pedal Steel Guitar – Melvin Duffy (tracks: 7)
- Photography – Elly Lucas
- Photography By – Elly Lucas
- Piano – Andrew Murray (tracks: 1-4-6-7-9-10-11), Simon Carter (tracks: 3)
- Producer – Stevie Jones
- Saxophone – Stevie Jones
- Vocals – John James (tracks: 9), Megan, Mike Davies (tracks: 5), Newman (tracks: 9), Sam Tanner (tracks: 4)
- Written-By [Co-writer] – Megan Henwood, Otha Smith
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5060112372568
|BROSTLP1||Brother Strut||First Strut Is The Deepest (LP, Album, Ltd, Num, Red)||Brother Strut Ltd||BROSTLP1||UK||2013|
|MMCD1184||Brother Strut||First Strut Is The Deepest (CD, Album)||New Music International||MMCD1184||2013|