U-Roy - True Born African mp3 album
Tracklist: 1. True Born African, 2. Ghetto Youth, 3. Everlasting Rap, 4. Rob The Natty, 5. Mi Brethren, 6. False Prophecy, 7. Money Honey, 8. Birds Of A Feather, 9. Jump Up Soca, 10. Bye Bye City Living. 1. True Born African.
Ewart Beckford OD (born 21 September 1942), known by the stage name U-Roy, is a Jamaican vocalist and pioneer of toasting. U-Roy is noted for a melodic style of toasting applied with a highly developed sense of timing. Ewart Beckford was born in Jones Town, Saint Andrews Parish, Kingston, Jamaica, on 21 September 1942. He was raised within a religious and musical family; his mother was an organist for the choir at a local Seventh Day Adventist church.
Album · 1990 · 12 Songs. See All. Dread in a Babylon. U-Roy Meets King Tubbys.
True Born African by U-Roy, released 01 January 1991 1. True Born African 2. Ghetto Youth 3. Everlasting Rap 4. Rob The Natty 5. Mi Bethren 6. Your Wish Is My Command 7. Black The Natural Fact 8. False Prophecy 9. Money Honey 10. Birds Of A Feather 11. Jump Up Soca 12.
Your browser does not support the audio element. Your browser does not support the audio element. Everlasting Rap.
Cuts like True Born African and Ghetto Youth have a fresh feel to them as U Roy lays it down in his inevitable wild stylee! U Roy aka Ewart Beckford toasting career started in the early 1960’s where he had DJ stints with some impressive sound systems like Dickie Wongs Sound System, Sir Coxone Dodds Sound System where he worked along side DJ legend King S aka The Ugly One before moving onto King Tubbys Hometown Hi Fi System. True Born African once again sees U Roy deliver a striking DJ album with Mad Professors production and guidance. More from U Roy. I Am The Originator.
|A1||True Born African|
|A4||Rob The Natty|
|B3||Birds Of A Feather|
|B4||Jump Up Soca|
|B5||Bye Bye City Living|
- Distributed By – Real Authentic Sound
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ariwa Sounds Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Ariwa Sounds Ltd.
- Published By – Ariwa Music
- Recorded At – Ariwa Studios
- Mixed At – Ariwa Studios
- Backing Vocals – The Ariwa Showcase*, Black Steel, Fenton Smith, Kofi, Madam X , Sandra Cross, Sister Audrey, Slim Linton, The Wild Bunch
- Bass – Steel*, Leroy Mafia*, Preacher
- Design [Packaging] – Kristin Harris Design
- Drums – The Robotiks
- Keyboards – Black Steel, Jeffrey Beckford
- Photography By – Jim Marshall
- Producer – Mad Professor
- Steel Drums, Percussion – Patrick Augustus
- Written-By – U Roy*
NotesMade in England.
Album voiced: Sound Logic Studio, Los Angeles.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 020145 550715
- Matrix / Runout (Runouts A Side): ARILP 071 A1 transfermation pr.p A
- Matrix / Runout (Runouts B Side): ARILP 071 B1 pr.p A
|ARICD 071||U-Roy||True Born African (CD, Album)||Ariwa||ARICD 071||US||1991|
|108442||U-Roy||True Born African (CD, Album)||Musidisc||108442||US||1991|
|ARICD 071||U-Roy||True Born African (CD, Album, RP)||Ariwa, RAS Records||ARICD 071||US||2003|
|ARILP 071||U-Roy||True Born African (LP, Album, W/Lbl, Sti)||Ariwa||ARILP 071||UK||1991|
|ARIWA LP 071, ARILP 071||U-Roy||True Born African (LP, Album)||RAS Records, Ariwa||ARIWA LP 071, ARILP 071||US||1991|