Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky mp3 album
Late for the Sky is the third album by American singer–songwriter Jackson Browne, released in 1974. It was nominated for a Grammy Award in 1975. It peaked at number 14 on Billboard's Pop Albums chart. Browne was still living in his childhood home, The Abbey San Encino, where he began writing the songs for his third album. Because of the high costs of recording his previous album, Asylum Records founder David Geffen required him to complete this next album quicker and at less cost
On his third album, Jackson Browne returned to the themes of his debut record (love, loss, identity, apocalypse) and, amazingly, delved even deeper into them.
Jackson Browne lyrics - 197 song lyrics sorted by album, including "The Pretender", "Running On Empty". album: "Late For The Sky" (1974). Late For The Sky Fountain Of Sorrow Farther On The Late Show The Road And The Sky For A Dancer Walking Slow Before The Deluge. album: "The Pretender" (1976). The Fuse Your Bright Baby Blues Linda Paloma Here Come Those Tears Again The Only Child Daddy's Tune Sleep's Dark And Silent Gate The Pretender. album: "Running On Empty" (1977). Running On Empty The Road Rosie You Love The Thunder Cocaine Shaky Town Love Needs A Heart Nothing But Time The Load-Out Stay. album: "Hold Out" (1980).
Jackson Browne, ‘Late for the Sky’. There's an undercurrent of dread on Late for the Sky, from "Before the Deluge" to "For a Dancer" – not to mention a lot of obvious songwriting genius. Guitarist Jorma Kaukonen called Paul Kantner's revolutionary cheerleading "naive," but that didn't prevent the band from delivering this album with sweeping fervor. Also here: the gorgeous "Wooden Ships" and "Eskimo Blue Day," where Grace Slick sings, "The human name doesn't mean shit to a tree.
More albums from Jackson Browne: For Everyman by Jackson Browne. Standing In The Breach by Jackson Browne. Lives In The Balance by Jackson Browne. Solo Acoustic Vo. by Jackson Browne. Late For The Sky by Jackson Browne. World In Motion by Jackson Browne. Lawyers In Love by Jackson Browne.
Jackson Browne delivers his literate lyrics and memorable melodies with deceptive calm, conveying even the cataclysms of "Before the Deluge" and "Doctor My Eyes" with country-rock cool. Songs like "The Load Out" and "Running On Empty" demystify rock stardom, while "Red Neck Friend" and "I Am a Patriot" do no less for America itself. The Very Best of Jackson Browne Jackson Browne. The brown-eyed, handsome man-child of California's '70s pop-rock scene wrote "These Days" when he was 16, and the rest is era-defining history. Jackson Browne delivers his literate lyrics and memorable melodies with deceptive calm, conveying even the cataclysms of "Before the Deluge" and "Doctor My Eyes" with country-rock cool.
Late For The Sky (1974). Lawyers In Love (1983). Leaving Winslow (2014). Ron and Russell Mael of SparksSongwriter Interviews. The lead singer and pianist for Procol Harum, Gary talks about finding the musical ideas to match the words. Songfacts Newsletter. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Late For The Sky||5:36|
|A2||Fountain Of Sorrow||6:42|
|A4||The Late Show
Arranged By [Strings] – David Campbell
|B1||The Road And The Sky
Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Slide Guitar – Jackson Browne
|B2||For A Dancer||4:42|
|B4||Before The Deluge||6:18|
- Manufactured By – RCA Music Service – R-132468
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Asylum Records
- Copyright (c) – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Published By – Benchmark Music
- Recorded At – Elektra Sound Recorders
- Lacquer Cut At – Elektra Sound Recorders
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Doug Haywood
- Cover, Photography, Design – Bob Seidemann
- Directed By [Cruise] – Peter Golden
- Drums, Percussion – Larry Zack
- Guitar, Slide Guitar, Fiddle – David Lindley
- Handclaps – H. Driver , Henry Thome, Michael Condello
- Harmony Vocals – Beth Fitchet, Dan Fogelberg, Don Henley, Doug Haywood, J.D. Souther*, Joyce Everson, Perry Lindley, Terry Reid
- Management – Mark Hammerman, Roy Silver
- Photography [Back Cover] – Henry Diltz
- Piano, Organ – Jai Winding
- Producer, Mixed By – Al Schmitt
- Producer, Written-By, Concept By [Cover] – Jackson Browne
- Recorded By – Bob Hughs*, Kent Nebergall, Tom Perry
- Recorded By, Jug – Fritz Richmond
- Typography [Cover Lettering] – Rick Griffin
NotesRCA Music Service club edition. Date from runout markings.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label Matrix, Side A): 7E-1017-A SP
- Matrix / Runout (Label Matrix, Side B): 7E-1017-B SP
- Matrix / Runout (Etched Side A): R-132468-A [scratched out 7E1017-A]-SP ESRTD 5-17 76
- Matrix / Runout (Etched Side B): R-132468-B [SRC logo] [scratched out 7E1017-B]-SP ESRTD 5 17 76
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|7E-1017||Jackson Browne||Late For The Sky (LP, Album, CTH)||Asylum Records||7E-1017||US||1974|
|243 007, 7559-60323-2||Jackson Browne||Late For The Sky (CD, Album, RE, RP)||Asylum Records, Asylum Records||243 007, 7559-60323-2||Europe||Unknown|
|7559-60323-2, 243 007||Jackson Browne||Late For The Sky (CD, Album, RM, Jew)||Asylum Records, Asylum Records||7559-60323-2, 243 007||Europe||2003|
|7E-1017||Jackson Browne||Late For The Sky (LP, Album)||Asylum Records||7E-1017||US||1974|
|GZS-1036||Jackson Browne||Late For The Sky (CD, Album, Ltd, RM, Gol)||DCC Compact Classics||GZS-1036||US||1993|