Larry Gatlin - With Family & Friends mp3 album
Larry Gatlin is known for his rich falsetto singing style and for the unique pop-inflected songs he wrote and recorded in the 1970s and 1980s. Some of Gatlin's biggest hits include "Broken Lady", "All the Gold in California", "Houston (Means I'm One Day Closer to You)", "She Used to Be Somebody's Baby", and "Talkin' to the Moon". Brothers Steve and Rudy made their first appearance on Larry's 1976 album Larry Gatlin with Family & Friends. They were featured on some of Gatlin's other hits during the late 1970s, notably "I Don't Wanna Cry", "Love Is Just a Game", and "Statues Without Hearts". In 1978, Gatlin scored his first number-one hit with "I Just Wish You Were Someone I Love.
With Family & Friends (LP, Album). Broken Lady (LP, Album).
4. Maggie Lou's Massage Parlour Blues. 6. Silence of the Morning. 7. Dealt a Losing Hand. 9. Heart Is Quicker Than the Eye.
Larry Wayne Gatlin (born May 2, 1948) is an American country music singer/songwriter. He is perhaps best known for teaming up with his brothers Steve and Rudy in the late 1970s, becoming one of country music's most successful acts of the 1970s and 1980s. Gatlin has had a total of 33 Top 40 single. ore . Year: 1976.
Larry Gatlin is best-known for his '80s hits with the Gatlin Brothers, but prior to forming and leading that family trio, he enjoyed a successful solo career with occasional support from his brothers. Gatlin was born in Seminole, TX, in 1948 and raised on country gospel music. He and his brothers, Steve and Rudy, often sang together in church, as well as on local radio and television every once in a while; they also recorded an album for the small gospel label Sword & Shield. Gatlin's brothers first made their presence felt on his third album, 1976's Larry Gatlin with Family & Friends, which gave him his first Top Five hit in "Broken Lady. Sometimes accompanied by his brothers, Gatlin scored three more Top Five singles in 1977 ("I Don't Wanna Cry," "Love Is Just a Game," and "Statues Without Hearts"), and in 1978 scored his first number one, "I Just Wish You Were Someone I Love.
Larry Gatlin was born as Larry Wayne Gatlin in Seminole, Texas on May 2, 1948. He is one of the members of the Gatlin Brothers together with his siblings Steve and Rudy. He released his debut album, The Pilgrim, in 1973. The said release spawned the single Sweet Becky Walker which made it to the Top 40. He scored a Top 20 hit with Delta Dirt which was released the year after as part of his Rain Rainbow album. His brother appeared in his next album, Larry Gatlin with Family & Friends. We have Larry Gatlin’s manager information, along with their booking agents info as well.
Larry Gatlin discography. Larry Gatlin discography. 2. Compilation albums. Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers Band - Sure Feels Like Love. Wilburn Brothers - Take Up Thy Cross - Side One. Peter Brown - Love Is Just A Game. Larry Gatlin & the Gatlin Brothers.
|A2||Trying To Matter||3:24|
|A4||Maggie Lou's Massage Parlor Blues||4:37|
|A5||He's A Star||2:59|
|B1||Silence Of The Mornin'||2:43|
|B2||Dealt A Losing Hand||2:32|
|B4||The Heart Is Quicker Than The Eye||2:46|
|B5||Warm And Tender||2:42|
- Arranged By – Bill Justis
- Art Direction, Photography By – Ken Kim
- Bass – Alan Rush, Henry Strzelecki, Tommy Cogbill
- Drums – Buddy Harmon*, Gene Chrisman, Jerry Carrigan, Kenny Buttrey, Randy Cullers
- Engineer [Mastered] – M.C. Rather
- Engineer [Recorded] – Brent Maher, Charlie Tallent
- Guitar – Chip Young, Dennis Linde, Grady*, Jerry Shook, James Colvard*, John Christopher*, Ray Edenton, Reggie Young, Steve Gibson
- Keyboards – Bobby Emmons, Bobby Ogdin, Bobby Wood, Randy Goodrum, Ron Oakes
- Producer – Fred Foster
- Steel Guitar – Weldon Myrick
- Steel Guitar, Resonator Guitar [Dobro] – Lloyd Green
- Strings – Brenton Banks, Byron T. Bach*, Carl Gorodetzky, George Binkley III*, Gordon Terry, Kathryn Plummer, Lennie Haight, Marvin Chantry, Ron Christensen*, Sheldon Kurland, Steven M. Smith*
- Written-By – Larry Gatlin
|KZ 34042||Larry Gatlin||With Family & Friends (LP, Album)||Monument||KZ 34042||US||1976|
|KZ 34042||Larry Gatlin||With Family & Friends (LP, Album, Promo)||Monument||KZ 34042||US||1976|
|S MNT 82004||Larry Gatlin||Broken Lady (LP, Album)||Monument||S MNT 82004||UK||1976|
|WPC 38337||Larry Gatlin||With Family And Friends (LP, Album)||Columbia||WPC 38337||Canada||1976|
|PC 38337||Larry Gatlin||With Family And Friends (LP, Album, RE)||Columbia||PC 38337||US||1982|