Nine Inch Nails - Broken mp3 album
It was released on September 22, 1992, by Nothing, TVT, and Interscope Records. The EP was produced by frontman Trent Reznor and Flood. The release consists entirely of new material and replaces the synth-pop style of the band's 1989 debut album Pretty Hate Machine with a considerably heavier sound that would act as a precursor to their second album The Downward Spiral (1994).
Released September 22, 1992. The recording of Halo 5 was tumultuous and secretive, as the label that signed Nine Inch Nails, TVT, wanted a repeat of Halo 2. This not only had an effect on the anti-establishment lyrics of Halo 5, but also helped form Trent Reznor’s later attitudes towards the music industry and artistic autonomy. Pinion – Instrumental. Help Me I Am in Hell – Instrumental. Happiness in Slavery.
Given how draining it is, a full-length album in its style would unquestionably have been wearisome, even self-parodic. So, Broken is the rare EP that's conceptually focused and complete unto itself. Production-wise, it's also a step up from Pretty Hate Machine, and a showcase for Reznor's flowering studio acumen. While Pretty Hate Machine was primarily electronic, Broken is loaded with heavy, jagged guitars, processed through a veritable meat grinder of effects into a massive wall of distortion.
Nine Inch Nails has also contributed to numerous film soundtracks as well as the soundtrack to the video game Quake. Initial ambitions for Nine Inch Nails in 1988 were to release one 12-inch single on a small European label.
Listen free to Nine Inch Nails – Broken (Pinion, Wish and more). In 1992 Nine Inch Nails released Broken, an EP featuring six songs and two bonus tracks. Reznor characterized Broken as a guitar-based "blast of destruction", and as "a lot harder than Pretty Hate Machine".
Nine Inch Nails - Broken EP (Full Album) 31:39. Nine Inch Nails - Physical 5:31. Nine Inch Nails - Wish - Bohemia Afterdark 3:44. Nine Inch Nails - Wish 3:45. Nine Inch Nails- Last (lyrics) 4:46. Nine Inch Nails - Happiness in Slavery 4:48. Nine Inch Nails: Help Me I Am In Hell (1992) 2:04.
Title Chapters: 1 2 3 4 5 6. Artist: Nine Inch Nails. Notes: Broken is a collection of music videos from the album of the same name with faux-snuff interludes to tie things together. The video as a whole was a conceived by Trent Reznor and Peter Christopherson - as I understand
Tracklist Hide Credits
Drums [Extra Real Drums] – Chris Vrenna, Martin Atkins
|4||Help Me I Am In Hell||1:55|
|5||Happiness In Slavery||5:21|
Drums [Extra Real Drums] – Chris Vrenna, Martin Atkins
Written-By – A. Ant*
Written-By – Pigface, T. Reznor*
- Record Company – TVT Records
- Record Company – Interscope Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – TVT Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Interscope Records
- Copyright (c) – TVT Records
- Copyright (c) – Interscope Records
- Copyright (c) – Leaving Hope Music
- Copyright (c) – TVT Music, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Colgems-EMI Music Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Ant Music Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Thumbless Music
- Recorded At – Hell
- Recorded At – Royal Recorders
- Recorded At – South Beach Studios
- Recorded At – The Village Recorder
- Recorded At – A&M Studios
- Recorded At – Pig
- Mastered At – Future Disc
- Manufactured By – Uni Distribution Corp.
- Distributed By – Uni Distribution Corp.
- Designed At – Black Sun
- Booking – Intertalent
- Booking [For Intertalent] – Gerry Gerrard
- Design [Sleeve, Black Sun], Photography By [For Black Sun] – Gary Talpas
- Design [Sleeve], Photography By – Black Sun
- Engineer [Additional, Etc. Along The Way] – The Kill Bennedy*, John Aguto, Leo Herrara*, Martin Brumbach, Mike Baumgartner, Paul Kendall, Trevor Bum-Cleaver Sadler*
- Legal – Michael S. Toorock
- Management – Conservative*
- Management [For Conservative] – John A. Malm Jr.*
- Management [Merchandise] – Jerry Long , Paul Steels
- Mastered By [Masstering] – Tom Baker
- Performer [Performed By] – Trent Reznor
- Producer [Produced By] – Flood (tracks: 2, 3, 6), Trent Reznor
- Public Relations [Publicity] – Sioux Zimmerman
- Technician [Assistant] – Brian Liesegang, Chris Vrenna, Sean Beavan
- Vocals [Barks & Roars] – Maise
- Written-By – Trent Reznor (tracks: 1 to 6, 99)
Caution: not for use with mono devices.
The sound of this recording was influenced by my live band in 1991 featuring: Richard Patrick, Jeff Ward, and James Wooley.
Studios: Hell (New Orleans), Royal Recorders (Lake Geneva), South Beach Studios (Miami Beach), Village Recorder (Los Angeles), A&M (Los Angeles), Pig (Beverly Hills).
Mastered at Futuredisc.
Sleeve design and photography for Black Sun.
Management for Conservative.
Booking for Intertalent.
The Digipak unfolds, exposing the dermis laden with lyrics and notes, while its landscape's center embeds Reznor's musical endeavor.
Rear sleeve [Consisting of 3 lines of text]
TVT/Interscope Records. 10900 Wilshore Blvd., Suite 123, Los Angeles, CA 90024. Manufactured and distributed in the United States by Uni Distribution Corp. ℗ & © 1992 TVT/Interscope Records. All rights reserved. Printed in USA. WARNING: Unauthorized reproduction of this recording is prohibited by federal law and subject to criminal prosecution. INTD-92213
This Digipak ® CD Package is product of AGI Incorporated U.S. Pat No. 4,709,812
℗ 1992 TVT/Interscope Records. Manufactured and distributed in the United States by Uni Distribution Corp. All rights reserved. Printed in USA. Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable laws. INTD-92213
© 1992 Leaving Hope/TVT Music, Inc., ascap.
7 © 1980 Colgems-EMI Music, Inc. on behalf of Ant Music, Ltd., ascap.
8 © 1991 Thumbless Music/Leaving Hope/TVT Music, Inc. ascap. INTED-92213
Tracks 7 to 97 are each one second of silence.
Tracks 98 and 99 are unlisted hidden tracks.
Total running time: 33:09
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 0694-92213-2 4
- Matrix / Runout: 6/28/2005 12:41:38 AM INTD-92213 04
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LN07
- Rights Society: ascap
|7 92213-2, 92213-2||Nine Inch Nails||Broken (CD, EP + CD, Mini)||Nothing Records, TVT Records, Interscope Records, Atlantic, Nothing Records, TVT Records, Interscope Records, Atlantic||7 92213-2, 92213-2||US||1992|
|INTD-92213||Nine Inch Nails||Broken (CD, EP, RP, Dig)||Nothing Records||INTD-92213||US||Unknown|
|7 92213-4 / PRCS 4314 SR||Nine Inch Nails||Broken (Cass, EP, Promo)||TVT Records, Interscope Records, Atlantic||7 92213-4 / PRCS 4314 SR||US||1992|
|7 92213-4||Nine Inch Nails||Broken (Cass, EP, Club, BMG)||Nothing Records, TVT Records||7 92213-4||US||1992|
|INTBD-92213||Nine Inch Nails||Broken (CD, EP, RE)||Nothing Records||INTBD-92213||Canada||Unknown|