Violent Femmes - Hallowed Ground mp3 album
Violent Femmes is the debut album by Violent Femmes. Mostly recorded in July 1982, the album was released by Slash Records on vinyl and on cassette in April 13, 1983, and on CD in 1987 with two extra tracks "Ugly" and "Gimme the Car".
Hallowed Ground is the second album by Violent Femmes, released in June 1984. Like the band's first album, the songs were mostly written by icist Gordon Gano when he was in high school. The material for the album was written and recorded before the release of their first album.
Hallowed Ground - Violent Femmes. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве.
This must have been hallowed ground. My soul is in hallowed ground. I see the fear, it’s on the rise. Let’s catch the enemy by surprise. Burry your treasure where it can’t be found. Burry it deep in hallowed ground. Translated with Yandex. Appears on the albums. The Violent Femmes Collection.
Hallowed Ground is the follow up to The Violent Femmes legendary self-titled 1983 debut album. Similar to the first album, all of the songs were written by lead singer, Gordon Gano, while still in high school.
|A1||Country Death Song||5:00|
|A2||I Hear The Rain||1:32|
|A4||Jesus Walking On The Water||3:05|
|A5||I Know It's True But I'm Sorry To Say||5:08|
|B2||Sweet Misery Blues||2:50|
|B4||It's Gonna Rain||4:10|
- Duplicated By – Allied Record Company
- Alto Saxophone, Woodwind [Game Calls] – John Zorn
- Autoharp – Christina Houghton
- Banjo – Tony Trischka
- Bass [Mariachi], Bass, Bass [Slide], Celesta, Marimba, Jew's Harp, Vocals – Brian Ritchie
- Clarinet – John Tanner
- Cornett [Cornetto], Sackbut – Drake Scott
- Drums, Electronic Drums, Percussion [Tranceaphone], Percussion [Stompatron], Percussion, Vocals – Victor De Lorenzo*
- Engineer – John Tanner, Warren Bruleigh
- Lead Vocals, Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Fiddle – Gordon Gano
- Piano, Organ – Mark Van Hecke
- Producer – Mark Van Hecke
- Songwriter – Gordon Gano
- Tenor Saxophone, Harmonica – Peter Balestrieri
NotesSingle page J-card, white shell tape. "AR" on shell.
Recorded at Secret Sound Studio, New York City, January 1984.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 75992-5094-4
|1-25094, 9 25094-1||Violent Femmes||Hallowed Ground (LP, Album)||Slash, Slash||1-25094, 9 25094-1||US||1984|
|820 093-1||Violent Femmes||Hallowed Ground (LP, Album)||Polydor, London Records||820 093-1||France||1984|
|CR00109||Violent Femmes||Hallowed Ground (CD, Album, RE)||Craft Recordings||CR00109||US||2018|
|L25P 1201||Violent Femmes||Hallowed Ground (LP, Album)||Slash, London Records||L25P 1201||Japan||1984|
|BT 7029||Violent Femmes||Hallowed Ground (LP, Album)||Slash, Big Time||BT 7029||New Zealand||1984|