Gerry Mulligan - Little Big Horn mp3 album
Jeru is an album recorded by American jazz saxophonist and bandleader Gerry Mulligan featuring performances recorded in 1962 which were released on the Columbia label. Capricious" (Billy Taylor) - 5:47. Here I'll Stay" (Kurt Weill, Alan Jay Lerner) - 5:00. Inside Impromptu" (Taylor) - 5:32. You've Come Home" (Cy Coleman, Carolyn Leigh) - 5:40.
Little Big Horn is a cool jazz music album recording by GERRY MULLIGAN released in 1983 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. Grp – GRP-A-1003 (us). Thanks to snobb for the updates. Little Big Horn Grp Records 1990.
On one of the first relatively straightahead sessions for GRP, baritonist Gerry Mulligan (accompanied by a rhythm section led by Dave Grusin's keyboards with an occasional horn section) performs six of his then-recent compositions including the title cut. Strangely enough, the most memorable selection is "I Never Was a Young Man" which has a rare but very effective Mulligan vocal.
Little Big Horn Recorded NYC, New York, 1983 Released 1983 GRP GRP-A-1003. Tracks (all G. Mulligan) SIDE ONE: Little Big Horn Under A Star Sun On Stairs. SIDE TWO: Another Kind Of Sunday I Never Was A Young Man Bright Angel Falls.
Gerald Joseph Mulligan (April 6, 1927 – January 20, 1996) was an American jazz saxophonist, clarinetist, composer and arranger. Though Mulligan is primarily known as one of the leading jazz baritone saxophonists – playing the instrument with a light and airy tone in the era of cool jazz – he was also a significant arranger, working with Claude Thornhill, Miles Davis, Stan Kenton, and others.
This album has an average beat per minute of 116 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 116/116 BPM). Tracklist Little Big Horn.
Blues Going Up. Gerry Mulligan. Original Jazz Movie Soundtracks, Vol. 3. Milestones of a Jazz Legend - Ben Webster, Vol. 6 (1959, 1962). Best Jazz Albums of 1956 - Gerry Mulligan, John Coltrane, Hank Mobley, Vol. 8. Gerry Mulligan, Donald Byrd, Walter Bolden, Max McElroy, John Coltrane, Allen Eager. Remastered Hits Vol, 3. 2019 All Tracks Remastered. Music From The Film,I Want To Live. Gerry Mulligan feat The Jazz Combo, Gerry Mulligan, The Jazz Combo. Cruisin' Down The Freeway ; Gerry Mulligan Classics.
Stamm - trumpet Gerry Mulligan - baritone saxophone, vocals Lou Marini - alto saxophone Keith O'Quinn - trombone Butch Miles - drums Jay Leonhart - bass +-+-+. cd 15 03 15 mMt4A48O.
|A1||Little Big Horn||6:03|
|A2||Under A Star||6:53|
|A3||Sun On Stairs||6:46|
|B1||Another Kind Of Sunday||5:46|
|B2||Bright Angel Falls||7:08|
|B3||I Never Was A Young Man||3:57|
- Manufactured By – TELDEC – GRP-91003
- Acoustic Bass – Jay Leonhart (tracks: A3, B3)
- Alto Saxophone – Keith O'Quinn (tracks: A1, B1)
- Arranged By – Dave Grusin, Gerry Mulligan
- Baritone Saxophone – Gerry Mulligan
- Drums – Buddy Williams (tracks: A1, A2, B1, B2, B3), Butch Miles (tracks: A3)
- Electric Bass – Anthony Jackson (tracks: A1, B1, B2), Jay Leonhart (tracks: A2)
- Electric Piano [Rhodes] – Dave Grusin (tracks: A1, A2, B1, B2, B3)
- Mixed By – Dave Wittman
- Other [Digital Transfers], Edited By – Dave Grusin, Frank Dickinson
- Piano – Dave Grusin (tracks: A1, A3, B1), Richard Tee (tracks: B2)
- Producer – Gerry Mulligan, Hank O'Neal
- Recorded By – Larry Rosen
- Recorded By [Additional] – Julian Shapiro (tracks: B3)
- Recorded By [Assisted] – Josiah Gluck, Ollie Cotton
- Recorded By [Horns] – Dave Wittman
- Synthesizer [Obx] – Dave Grusin (tracks: A2)
- Tenor Saxophone – Michael Brecker (tracks: A1, B1)
- Trombone – Lou Marini (tracks: A1, B1)
- Trumpet – Alan Rubin (tracks: A1, B1), Marvin Stamm (tracks: A1, B1)
- Vocals – Gerry Mulligan (tracks: B3)
NotesGRP Records Inc
Manufactured by TELDEC, W Germany for GRP Records Ltd,, Switzerland
DMM - DIRECT METAL MASTERING
Same sleeve image as GRP-A-1003
|GRP-A-1003||Gerry Mulligan||Little Big Horn (LP, Album)||GRP||GRP-A-1003||US||1983|
|VDP-11||Gerry Mulligan||Little Big Horn (CD, Album)||GRP||VDP-11||Japan||1984|
|FM 13514||Gerry Mulligan||Little Big Horn (LP, Album, Dig)||Five||FM 13514||Italy||1983|
|GRD-9503||Gerry Mulligan||Little Big Horn (CD, Album)||GRP||GRD-9503||US||1983|
|GRP-A-1003||Gerry Mulligan||Little Big Horn (LP, Album)||GRP, Digital Master||GRP-A-1003||Scandinavia||1983|